Free Trial Lesson
We are glad that you have shown an interest in YLSC and want to learn lifesaving skills. Please let us know if you would like to have a free trial/lesson by emailing us first, letting us know a little bit about yourself i.e. how old you are, whether you have done lifesaving before etc. We will accommodate you in the next available space within the most suitable class for your ability and age. We do run a waiting list at certain times of the year, so if we don’t have a space we will let you know as soon as one becomes available.
Every member has a trial session, which will include:-
- 100 metres (5 Lengths) front crawl.
- 60 metres (3 lengths) lifesaving backstroke.
- 40 metres (2 lengths) side stroke.
- 60 metres (3 lengths) breast stroke.
- Tread water for one minute.
- Surface dives - feet first touching the bottom with hand, head first picking up brick from the bottom (depth approx 1.8 metres in pool)
- Deep water entry (compact jump or straddle jump)
There are just a few things that you will need to be aware of before you sign up to join YLSC:
- All members must complete a membership form, including name, address, date of birth, emergency contact number, email address and medical conditions.
- All members must up date their information on the member's area of the club website.
- All members must sign and agree to abide by the club constitution and rules when joining the club.
- Members must pay their class/membership fee within the first three weeks of each term, otherwise they are not insured to swim with us.
- YLSC Instructors are unpaid volunteers.
- YLSC Instructors are Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) checked
- YLSC Instructors have RLSS training and lifesaving qualifications.
We look forward to welcoming you to be part of Yateley Life Saving Club.